[Prompt] Learning Theories–Behaviourism, Cognitivism, and Constructivism

Share a story about your best learning experience (could be a formal course or something more personal). Why did you enjoy it?

The most valuable learning experience of myself could be my experience of acing the IELTS tests. When I first taking the IELTS test, I found out that it is way harder than my English level at that time. The most difficult part for me is the writing section. In order to improve my writing ability, I dedicated 2 hours every morning to memorize the passage from other people who received a high mark. After insisting this for a whole month, my writing ability has improved moderately. There were many professional writing expressions jumped out of my mind when I wrote my article. Moreover, my writing speed has improved simultaneously. Previously, it usually took me about an hour to finish a passage with around 500 words. After my daily practicing, my writing speed gradually increased. Eventually, I can successfully finish my passage within 30 minutes. What I enjoyed the most during this leaning process is the sense of achievement for the efforts I made. During my daily practicing, I am tired of the boring memorization. There were several times that I want to have a cheat day; however, I didn’t give up for any single day. An important factor that support my learning process is that I found my own motivation. I figured out that if I am able to pass my IELTS test, I will not attend the language program of the university, which saved me a year and a large amount of tuition fees. Therefore, every time when the idea of giving up jumped into my mind, I would think about the money and time that I can save if I pass the exam. This is the biggest motivation that motivates me acing the IELTS test. Eventually, it gradually became a conditioned reflex. The idea of giving up would not appear during my learning process because in my mind, working hard for IELTS leads to money and time saving.